Good morning everyone,
In the recent weeks I’ve been recognized by some very talented bloggers and been given two blogger awards. It makes my heart explode with happiness to be given such an awesome shout out and if I could, I’d hug them both……and those that know me, know that I don’t hand out hugs to just anyone. It’s a boundaries thing.
When I started blogging eons ago I remember how excited I was when I was nominated and as the years went on my blogging platform changed probably confusing certain followers which halted the awards. But I get it, I went from sharing silly/ personal stories to becoming a book blogger. My life got complicated and well, some things couldn’t be shared.
BUT, now I’m back doing what works which is sharing my life experiences in hopes that people will relate and gain the courage through my story to maybe change or tweak theirs.
Polly over at Pollymayblogs nominated me for the Sunshine blogger award The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award to thank all the bloggers who spread happiness and a positive outlook on their blog.
With the award comes questions asked by the one who gave the award so, I hope you all enjoy the Q&A.
Thank you Polly.
- If you were an animal, what would you be and why? I’d be my furkids because they are very much-loved and spoiled. Seriously, I don’t know who else would listen to reruns of Chrisley Knows Best over and over again just because it’s your furkids favorite show and stops them from whining.
- What would be your dream job? I’d be my own boss #BossLady. I have always wanted to own a quaint little cafe/bookstore near the ocean.
- What is your staple make up product that you always re-purchase? my moisturizer from Limelight.
- What is your blogging goal? To stay consistent with my writing even when I don’t have anything to write about.
- Tea or Coffee? Both. I enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning and drink tea throughout the day.
- What is your favorite season and why? I love Spring time because all the flowers are in bloom and the weather is above freezing.
- What has been your biggest life lesson so far? To give fear the middle finger and step into my life’s purpose.
- What is your biggest fear? Public speaking. I still haven’t been able to give fear the middle finger with this one……I can tackle leaving narcissistic assholes but speaking in front of a room full of people makes me sweat in places I’d rather not mention and twists me all up inside.
- If you were a Disney character, who would you be and why? Mulan because she’s a badass and she has a smart ass dragon.
- If you were deserted on an island – what would you take and why? a boat that works, so I could get off the deserted island.
- Who is your favorite blogger? That’s a loaded question…..hahahaha. I have many.
Ben from Casual Trainwreck life nominated me for this award. Thanks Ben! If you’re not familiar with the Liebster award, it is a way of connecting bloggers with each other and giving others a new audience.
I hope you enjoy reading these very creative questions along with my very open answers.
- Why did you start blogging? I actually started blogging ten years ago, I used blogging as a way to connect with others that were in the same boat as me, back then it was a form of therapy. Now, I write because I have a lot to say and I hope that maybe my words or story can help give others that little boost of confidence to change their story.
- What is one thing a reader of your blog wouldn’t expect about you? That I don’t sugar coat anything and that I’m not shy about saying fuck from time to time in my posts.
- What was your childhood like? To the outside world people would assume that I had the typical childhood with loving parents who adored their children but in truth, my childhood stopped at the age of six. In a nutshell, the affection and love stopped when my sister was born. My parents weren’t capable of showing love to both of us so they directed all their love onto her. For many years (30 years) I fought for that attention but to no avail…nothing I did was ever good enough. I was told by a therapist once that in a sense I was orphaned as a child, that my parents died when I was six and that I would never have the parents my sister has. When she said that, it clicked and the anger and resentment I felt was finally being dealt with. I noticed as an adult that fighting for love or clinging onto someone’s word who didn’t follow through left me being crushed as well as when men would abandon me which only brought me back to painful memories that needed to be resolved. Now, through mediation and reiki I’ve been able to give that little girl the attention, love and safety she required and finally truly heal.
- What is your biggest fear? Public speaking. Just thinking about it give me anxiety.
- What would you do if you had to choose between never laughing again or never having sex again? This is an easy question, considering I haven’t had sex for two years I’d choose laughing because I’m already ahead of the game.
- What advice would you give your younger self? Stop searching for your soulmate. Your soul is your mate, so look within for love. I’d also tell her that many men she’ll meet will say, “You are my soulmate.” but won’t think twice about cheating or leaving her never to be heard from again. So I’d tell her to protect her heart and to just focus on loving herself first and someday there will be a guy worthy of her heart….. but honestly, I haven’t met him yet so I couldn’t give a time frame on that. haha.
- Do you believe that love equals sex or can they be separated? I don’t believe that love equals sex just because sex is just an action. People have sex just to have it, to scratch an itch….to get off. Love at that point is not even in the equation. BUT when you’re in love, the act of sex goes much deeper and when you give of yourself when you are totally in love with someone, the emotions that are exchanged in that moment are earth shattering.
When given these awards one is supposed to nominate ten bloggers and also come up with a list of questions. I will be doing this later this week……so stay tuned.